The Closure Notice is in an effort to reduce possible community spread of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
Under the Notice, the Minister of Health, the Hon. Kim Wilson JP, MP, has Ordered the following establishments closed effective March 21, 2020 *Update March 23.
For public clarity, the info for establishments are as follows:
- Essential businesses only will be permitted to open and will be required to adopt the aggressive social distancing guidance now in place and on reduced hours. These businesses are banks, food suppliers or supermarkets, pharmacies and gas stations.
- all schools, tourist accommodation swimming pools, gyms, cinemas, beauty salons and barber, spas and bars must close.
- Restaurants limited to take out service only
- Enforced social distancing limited to gatherings of no more than 10 people.
- The Royal Bermuda Regiment and the Bermuda Police Service will be engaged in operations directly aimed at enforcing required quarantine of persons who arrived in Bermuda since 17th March.
Many changes will be taking place daily so it is important to check frequently with Governments COVID-19 portal for updated information, notifications, guidance and other resources.