St. David's Battery

Points of Interest
View More
St. David's Battery, Saint David's Island, | Directions
Description

St. David's Battery, also known as the Examination Battery, was a fixed battery of rifled breech-loader artillery guns, built and manned by the Royal Garrison Artillery and the Royal Engineers, and their part time reserves, the Bermuda Militia Artillery and the Bermuda Volunteer Engineers, part of the Bermuda Garrison of the British Army. One of the last of a larger number of forts and fortifies gun batteries built by the British Army primarily during the course of the 19th Century to protect the British Colony of Bermuda, Eastern Shores of Bermuda and it's Royal Naval Dockyard, the battery was completed in 1910. Photo by Tim Conway.

 

Reviews