The Bermuda Government announced plans for a phased reopening beginning May 2, 2020.
Curfew in place between 10pm and 6am daily. Permitted businesses may operate 7am to 9pm
For all Government COVID-19 updates, news and initiatives please view:
- Government COVID-19 portal and Press Releases
- Social Distancing and Closures list (pdf)
- Government COVID-19 Videos
- For anyone having questions or concerns about COVID-19, please call the helpline at 444-2498, available 9:00am to 9:00pm daily.
- Permitted Business can only operate with the written permission of the Minister of National Security
PHASE 2 PERSONAL GUIDELINES
- Stay home. Move only if you need to. Limit daytime movement (6am –10pm)
- Any departure from your property should be for necessary business, exercise, assist a vulnerable person, purchase groceries or medications, or for healthcare. Social visits should be avoided.
- Gatherings over 10 persons are prohibited (in public places or private residences).
- At all times practice physical distancing of six (6) feet between persons.
- Wear a cloth / homemade face masks in indoor public places to protect others.
- Avoid using surgical masks, which are for healthcare. Never use N95 masks unless you are a healthcare worker in a healthcare setting.
- Employer must arrange for employees to work remotely from home using electronic means or otherwise, where practicable.
- Requirement for those boating to have only a maximum of ten people with physical distancing.
- Playgrounds and outdoor gym equipment are now opened.
When in a permitted business or making purchases at curb-side or deliveries:
- Practice social distancing.
- Maintain a physical separation of 6 feet from others.
- Wear a cloth face mask at all times.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizers entering and leaving the stores.
- Avoid cash transactions as much as possible and use a delivery option if available. Sanitize after using cash.
- If you bring your reusable bags, sanitize them first.
- Pack your own purchases so that fewer hands have touched your goods.
See our COVID-19 Phased Business Reopenings for all business related information.