Royal Bermuda Yacht Club
P.O. Box HM 894, City of Hamilton, Bermda, HM DX | Directions
Its beginnings were formed under a calabash tree by British military officers and Bermudian sailing enthusiasts. So began a story and a history of romantic proportions.
The Royal Bermuda Yacht Club is a private Club and is the third oldest club holding a Royal Warrant outside the British Isles. The Bermuda Yacht Club was established on the 1st November, 1844 by a party of thirty gentlemen, consisting largely of officers in the British Army, most of them belonging to the 20th Regiment, then stationed here in Bermuda. There are now approximately 850 resident and non-resident members.